cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 Caused Network Switched to go down

kavithas.theva1
Level 1
Level 1

We have connected the PC port and Network port of one SX80 to the Switch accidentally.Customer Claims that The switch went down because of this reason.Is this possible to cause?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You've mentioned both a DX80 and an SX80 in your question - can you let us know which one it was, as they are quite different and could cause a different set of issues depending on which one it is:

ie if it's a DX80, then you could have created a loop on the network, or if it was a SX80, then you have possibly connected an additonal DHCP server to your network which could conflict with other devices. Either way, it's unlikely that the whole switch would have gone down.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the switch is Cisco, post the complete output to the following commands:
1. sh version; and
2. dir

Hi Leo,
The switch is up now.and we don't have access to switch .we just wondering if this happen

@kavithas.theva1 wrote:
we just wondering if this happen

It is very difficult to determine unless I see the output.  I want to see if the switch crashed or had a reboot.  If the switch crashed, is there the presence of any evidence of a crash.  

Without those information I can't even begin to know where to make a guess.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You've mentioned both a DX80 and an SX80 in your question - can you let us know which one it was, as they are quite different and could cause a different set of issues depending on which one it is:

ie if it's a DX80, then you could have created a loop on the network, or if it was a SX80, then you have possibly connected an additonal DHCP server to your network which could conflict with other devices. Either way, it's unlikely that the whole switch would have gone down.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

It was Dx80.Actually i have verified with my Own Lab enviornment.Actually This action Caused Loop and made the switch to Hang.