cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External calls going straight to voicemail, internal calls ringing normally

Anthony Hood
Level 1
Level 1

I have one user who recently received a new extension due to her experiencing issues before I started.  She can have an external call transferred to her but any external calls that try to use her new extension are sent straight to her voicemail and any call to her old extension are redirected to the main line for the business.  Any thoughts as to what it could be? 

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked the internal/external call forward settings for the DN?

Brandon

Yeah they are all checked off.  To be honest I am new to this and it seems like a lot of the stuff was kind of just thrown together.  One thing I've noticed is in there is  the old extension still in the list route plan when i search for its extension.   I am new here so I am a bit nervous about deleting anything in case it causes more issues than it solves.

If all of the call forward settings are checked that would indicate that all calls are forwarded to VM. But you said you can call the extension internally right? Is there a DID that is being translated to the internal extension? Using a translation pattern? Check the translation pattern and make sure it is configured correctly. The route plan report should show all DNs in the system. the route detail column should show you if the DN is currently tied to a phone.

Brandon

Just looked at all the translation patterns on my network , nothing that mentions the extension exactly but it looks like tons of different formats for naming extensions is used and i see on with brackets that may contain the rules for my extension.  I am not sure what exactly would be considered the correct configuration.  Would you be able to point me to any kind of instructional videos or tutorials to learn this system from scratch? i have time, but i need to keep working on it.

OK. You may have a generic translation pattern that routes all DIDs to the corresponding 4-digit extension, for example.

The administration guide would be a good place to start learning. Choose the guide for your version from the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/products-maintenance-guides-list.html

Regarding the format of the translation pattern, here is a section on the wildcards and special characters used in translation patterns, route patterns, etc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/accm-861-cm/a03rp.html#11697