Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Started Wizard cisco prime collaboration 11

muttaqin_25
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

myteam want to build system management and monitoring Unified comunication device with Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning 11.

• but i dont know how to started config this?
  • in the first time install, i see we must nter Getting started Wizard . my leader ask me what will happen after we have done fill in strarting wizard and klik start infrastructure
  • what all config in CUCM will replace with config what i fill in cisco prime collaboration (CPC).
  • What was the impact that might happen when we syc cpc and cucm ? What CPC will replace all config in CUCM?

thanks and best regards

1 Reply 1

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The GSW is intended to be used to provide an initial configuration of a fresh installation of the UC apps. It is generally used with Cisco BE6000 packaged solutions.  Since you have an existing UC environment, you should not use the GSW, so exit out of it. 

I can suggest a few ways to get started.  First would be to read through the Deployment Guide attached. This will provide some examples and suggestions for setting up PCP.  Another place to look would be our VOD training and some of the lab materials we use at events like CiscoLive. Contact " ask-primecollab@cisco.com " to get access to either of these.   Yet another option is to look at a deployment batch example, like the one attached, to see in a orderly format what needs to be setup in PCP.  The example is also very useful to show how UC configurations are done from PCP using a batch. This will be helpful if you roll-out some additional sites.

Hopefully this will get you started.

Keep in mind that there is a paradigm difference between CUCM and PCP.  CUCM is phone-centric (like a legacy PBX, a phone is defined and gets lines and a user assigned) and PCP is user-centric (like CIsco's Collaboration marketing, Bob gets added and services like phones and lines are given to Bob).  This is important.

Regards