Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P - Migrate PostgreSQL to Microsoft SQL Server for Chat Rooms

Martin Moran
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have the persistent chat feature in IM&P with PostgreSQL 9.6. Since I recently upgraded to 11.5, I want to migrate to Microsoft SQL Server. So, I want to know the best option (if one exists) to accomplish the migration and successfully have the persistent chat feature with Microsoft SQL Server.

Rgrds.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no migration path/tool to do this, you'd need to re-configure everything in IM&P to use the new DB and if you want to migrate the data, you'd need to so manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie has there any update to a migration option within IMP to migrate Persistent Chat rooms created in PostGres to SQL?

No, there is no tool to do that.

If you wish something like that to be considered for a future release, get in touch with your SE/AM to submit a PER along with the business case.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Are the data models and table names the same with Postgres (PG) and SQL ?  how would we know which table should migrate to the corresponding table(s) and columns from PG to MSSQL ?  How would you recommend the steps

1. Create a blank databases in MSSQL via setup routine, and then migrate from PG to SQL ?  

- All Table names and Columns Names match ?  if not, is there a document that shows the mappings ?

Did you do this, we need to upgrade postgre sql 9.5.1 to another version and so looking at sql as an option?