cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installation error

Globanet16501
Level 1
Level 1
My goal is to get a jabber server up and running, however, I am receiving an error when installing

I have installed Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.12900-21.sgn.iso and can not configure it with UCSInstall_CUP_11.5.1.12900-25.sgn.iso
It reports an error: see attachment
Is there a simple complete list of the required install to get a Jabber server up and running?
thanks in advance
4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is definitely not going to be a simple or small list, if you're starting from installing CUCM and IM&P, then you need to follow the CUCM/IM&P installation guide for that. Have you configured the new IM&P server in the CUCM server??

Once you have them, you need to get all the basic configuration in place, device pool, CSS, partitions, DNs, etc. If they're going to be LDAP users, configure all the LDAP integration, etc.

Then, you need to review the Jabber documentation around the deployment and the configuration to understand all the Jabber related config (UC service, service profile, Jabber devices, directory integration, user/device/line association etc.)

Have you reviewed any of the documentation I mentioned??

And there is no "Jabber server", Jabber is a client, it uses CUCM and IM&P as the servers to which it registers to.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have only installed the CUCM, the error (screen shot) is occurring when attempting to install the IM&P.

Are you following the CUCM/IM&P installation guide??

Have you added the IM&P server to CUCM before the installation??

If not, then you need to start by reviewing that guide to install the servers.

Have you deployed this before?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I was just going through the release notes of 11.5(1)SU2 to cross-check if any version mismatch is there. But that is not the case. Page 9 says it is compatible.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/SU2/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151su2.pdf

All servers in a cluster must run the same release of Cisco Unified Communications Manager. The only exception is during a cluster software upgrade, during which a temporary mismatch is allowed.

The following software versions are supported with Release11.5(1)SU2:

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.5.1.12900-21

• IMandPresenceService11.5.1.12900-25

Just review what Jaime has said.

regds,

aman