cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is administration empowered to search, read, or otherwise surveil end users?

bc3tech9958
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious if, as an administrator of a Cisco Jabber system, I would have the ability to see communications of users in some fashion for surveillance purposes and/or grant these permissions to other administrative/executive personnel. Are these stored in plain text in a database? Does an administration dashboard have the ability to search for key words or flag communications containing them?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The IM&P server will export the messages to a DB, that you can then query.

You must provision that DB server.

You can then have whatever type of interface to it that you want - i.e. you can write it to have whatever security you need, and give access to whoever. 

There are no doubt off-the-shelf applications out there for this as well...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Any option/switches/extensions for real-time monitoring or notifications based on criteria?

Just to confirm, we're talking about the Jabber IM conversation texts.

Hi bc3tech9958,

Below are link covers the list of feature supported IM and Presence. Per the below doc i did not find any feature. However all messages are archived to Compliance server you, You may to check with database analytics expert if there a way to setup notification based on any keywords.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_0_1/CUP0_BK_C318987B_00_config-admin-guide-imp-100/CUP0_BK_C318987B_00_config-admin-solutions-imp-100_chapter_010001.html#CUP0_TP_I6CDBA42_00

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor