Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.7 and CUCM 10.0 in Phone Only Mode, AD users Login Issue

ashwincjoshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have CUCM 10 (10.0.1.10000-24) in our environment. Recently management decided to switch all the CIPC  phone users to Jabber ( without IM and Presence Server in Phone- Only Mode).

We have our End users Synced with AD (LDAP Attribute for User ID- sAMAccountName).

Users  are getting synced and authenticated by AD, I checked it by logging in to End user page.

I was able to deploy Jabber in Phone only mode and It worked well with local users.

I entered LocalUserID@CUCM-IP as login.

Now the issue is - If I try to login to jabber with AD user ID it gives error "Format not correct. Use username@example.com" . if I use ADUserID@CUCM-IP, It does not work.

My questions are 

1) Can we deploy jabber in Phone-Only mode which allow us to enter AD user ID without "@domain"

2) Is there any Command line installation argument/parameter which can make jabber except login without "@domain".

My ultimate goal is to Deploy Jabber 12 in phone only mode (without IM and Presence server ) where Jabber client accepts AD userID as Login ( without any @) and AD password as Password.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ashwin

0 Replies 0