cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Federation Over Expressway Display Name

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

I recently federated a premise-based IM and Presence installation with another organization using Expressway, and while I can IM, screen share, and chat, the display name of the remote contact is showing the Jabber ID (JID), rather than the friendly name. 

I'm familiar with the display name resolution process in BDI/EDI deployments on premise, and I'm assuming we can't pass the display name over federated connections. Can someone confirm/deny this?

Thanks in advance

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darren,

As per the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/interdomain_federation/10_0_1/CUP0_BK_I0607EF2_00_integration-guide-interdomain-federation-100/CUP0_BK_I0607EF2_00_integration-guide-interdomain-federation-100_chapter_01010.html#CUP0_RF_CAF8AEDD_00

Expressway-E does not support XMPP address translation (of email addresses, for example). If you are using Expressway-E for XMPP federation, you must use native presence Jabber IDs from IM and Presence Service.

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darren,

As per the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/interdomain_federation/10_0_1/CUP0_BK_I0607EF2_00_integration-guide-interdomain-federation-100/CUP0_BK_I0607EF2_00_integration-guide-interdomain-federation-100_chapter_01010.html#CUP0_RF_CAF8AEDD_00

Expressway-E does not support XMPP address translation (of email addresses, for example). If you are using Expressway-E for XMPP federation, you must use native presence Jabber IDs from IM and Presence Service.

Manish

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks Manish - I remember seeing that in the deployment guide but it skipped my mind when I did the implementation.

Darren