Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH and DND is not working on IP Phones

Muhammadnawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

here I would request to all that please support we are unable to get the MOH and DND features on VOIP phones as here below shown we have configured the Exte#113 and same Ext#114 for the with similar configurations tempelate on CUCM. please guide me if there is changes I need to fix this issue.

Muhammadnawaz_0-1666183998973.png

Muhammadnawaz_1-1666184062077.png

thank you all in advance for the support and comments.

8 Replies 8

In what way are these features not working?

For MoH, have you activated the IP Voice Media Streaming App service? That service is required for CUCM to provide any media services.

For DND the default behavior for DND is for the phone to display the information for the incoming call but for the ringer to be turned off. Is this what users are experiencing? If not, what is the setting on the Device? Also, if you have not done so already you may want to deploy a DND softkey for your users so they can turn it off and on themselves.

Maren

Hi Maren, thanks for the comments yes its enable (IP Voice Media Streaming App service) and previously MOH was working fine, but when we have activate the license its happening after that we cant see functioning MOH feature. 

Hi Maren, 

its working now, I have uploaded the MOH audio .wav file and configure the phone Exten# with it. as we can see below in my case.

Muhammadnawaz_0-1666699019361.png

For DND I did some changes Softkey Template and Phone Button field in as highlighted below, in previous screenshot which I posted earlier was configured with different Phone Button Templet. and DND Incoming Call was on Reject. due this reason DND was not working.

Muhammadnawaz_1-1666699118481.png

thank you so much all of you for the comments and time. 

Apart from what @Maren Mahoney suggested have you defined an MRGL (Media Resource Group List) in your device pool and if so does it contain a MRG (Media Resource Group) that has the MOH server in it? Without this the device does not know where to get the MOH from.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg However, any media resources that are not in an MRG/MRGL structure are 'available' for all requestors. So starting the IPVMSA service (and not creating any MRGs/MRGLs) is sufficient to enable MoH for all users (and ANN and software MTP, etc.).

True. That's a abomination of a configuration IMHO, so did not even want to mention that. But now that you let the cat out of the bag, yes your are right.

Response Signature

Hi Roger thank you for the comments, as we can see Media Resource feature is selected as non, so please guide me the steps how to select the MRG file. appreciate your details steps that will be easy to fix please. 

This is what we have.

MRG
image.png

MRGL
image.png
On the MRG we use multicast for MOH, so that's why the name is off between the pictures, but I think that you'll get the overall picture anyway.

Response Signature