Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH on forwarding

Cedrik76
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community

I don't understand why I have MOH when I put a communication on hold but not when I forward a call (the time the call is connected to the phone)?!?

What kind of parameter I have to check?

Cedric : French CUCM administrator ;-)

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hold MOH is driven by the User MOH setting, whereas the transfer/conference hold is driven by Network MOH setting. Are both configured on the phone that initiates the transfer, either at the line level of device level?

Hi and many thanks for your answer

Both parameters are configured with the same value. Line too.

Is there a "global" parameter? like a server parameter?

The way it works is, if MOH parameter is set at the DN level it will be used, if not then device level, if that is not set then common device configuration and lastly if that is not set then the MOH service parameter.

Are both values set to the same MOH source file? As if they are different then most common omission is that the MOH file is not uploaded to all MOH CUCM nodes. If they are the same and one is playing and the other is not, then SDL traces would need to be reviewed for clues.

Yes I have exactly the same value on both parameters

Capture.JPG

Normaly, I uploaded the file on each of my 3 servers but to be sure, I can check.

Have I to upload the file again? Or is there any tips to check on the servers if the file is correcly

uploaded (by a ftp client?)?

When you make the test calls, are for both scenarios the first calls arriving/going to the same source/destination?

The MOH file is driven by the phone that places the call on Hold or transfers, but the MOH server selected to play the MOH is based on the held devices MRGL/MRG/MOH.  So, when phone A calls phon B and phone B places the call on hold, then phone A hears MOH set on phon B but connects to MOH server based on phone A's MRGL configuration.

You can check if the file is there by logging in separately to each subscriber and going to Media Resrouces --> MOH Audio File Management, if the files is not there that means it's not uploaded to that sub.

I make test from my phone with the phone of my collegue (internal call). When she put me on hold, I have the MOH,

when she try de forward the call, I hear nothing. But this test have the same result with an external incoming call.

In my case, phone A and phone B are in the same building with the same network and the same MOH configuration.

I don't find any idea of what can cause this trouble?!?

Keep in mind that you will only hear the MOH in the transfer scenario during a warm transfer, between button presses. Is your co-worker performing a warm transfer, and if so, how long is she waiting between the first press of the transfer button and the second?

what do you mean exactly by "warm transfert"?

She is using a 7915 module with all the user of the company configured on it. She press button on this module to forward the call so I think the transfert is made immediatly. Caller has no MOH while the called person does not pick up.

Warm Transfer means the Transfer initiator has an opportunity to speak to the receiving person before completing the transfer. I.e., Hey Chris, I have Cedrik on the other line and they would like to speak to you. Is it ok if I send them through?

Cold Transfer means the Transfer initiator does not have an opportunity to speak first, before completing the transfer, and instead, blindly transfers you through.

Network MOH will only play for the Transferee, on warm transfers, and the warm part needs to last more than a second or two, to allow MOH to start playing.

Therefore, in your scenario, it sounds like less of an MOH issue, and more of a ringback issue, as it sounds like you are expecting to hear something, but you hear silence until the far end answers, correct?

Hi

I think you're right... I tried to reproduce the bug but I think the bug is on the user ;-)

I tried many times again but I never had the problem again.....

Sorry for inconvenience to all people who tried to help me and many thanks!