cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX series endpoint on unisite not making video calls when registered to cucm 10.5

eaniefiok
Level 1
Level 1

hello Guys , 

i have an issue with our cucm 10.5 with my mx series endpoints , 

once the unisite endpoints are registered to the cucm it is not 

able to do video calls but once not registered it can do at least 

P2P video calls ?

what could be the issue guys?

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

When it is registered is it able to make any type of calls? For example audio only calls?

- If so review your location bandwidth settings in CUCM.

Or is the issue related to dialing (your call can not be completed as dialed)?

- If so, review CSS's of the device having the issue.

On another note.

Telepresence endpoints are capable of making video calls in standalone mode. That is most likely why you are able to make successful P2P calls when not connected to CUCM.

hello Jonathan

i have looked at bandwidth config which is at 368kbps for all the three endpoints

{ mx200/mx200/mx700}. 

it so unlikely why only the mx700 though unisite cant not bring up video even while on 

calls with jabber 10.6 but the rest registered ednpoints both jabber can do video calls. 

i have attached a screen shot of its call with jabber.

Could you provide some more details into your issue?

Some additional points:

a. Can the MX units make P2P video calls to each other when registered with UCM or is the issue with just calling to jabber?

b. Are the MX units in the same UCM device pool and location?

c. If the Jabber clients and MX units are in different locations in UCM, can you try setting the video bandwidth 6Mb and try again?

hello Jonathan 

a. when registered it can not do P2P calls with the other two MX200 calls but the two MX200 can do p2p calls as registered even with jabber .

b.yes they are on the same device pool and location 

The best way to continue with this would be to pull the detailed traces from CUCM after making a test call between the 2 endpoints (ensure the traces are enabled before making the test call).

Please attach the traces after making the test call with the following information:

- The calling DN

- IP address of the calling endpoint

- The called DN

- IP address of the called endpoint

- Time of the test call

- The results of the test call (was there video, audio, or nothing)