cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for Cisco Voice Solution

ciscoteam12
Level 1
Level 1

, [[{"type":"media","fid":"1353326","view_mode":"default","link_text":null,"attributes":{"alt":"Voice Solution Diagram","title":"Voice Solution Diagram","height":"750","width":"990","class":"image-style-none media-element file-default"}}]]

Hi,

We need to provide voice solution to one of our customer. They want Cisco 2911 router which capable to connect Voice/WAN Int. Card - T1/E1 (Need 96 channel PVDM in this router) and other side the router connect with the core switch in there internal network. From the core switch the Cisco call manager and the Cisco 24 ports & 48 ports POE switches connect.you can see my diagram which i attached in this case. Phones are connected with the POE switch. on the other hand from the phone the data link connect with the laptops for the end users.

01. Please provide me the appropriate call manager hardware model and the software versions. (Please provide me the part number of the hardware and the software)?

02. Provide me the licences details about the call manger?

03. Provide me the phone model which we can connect with POE switch as well as laptops to transfer the data?

Regards,

Cisco Team

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to first start by gathering a lot more info:

How many users, phones would be required?

How many users per site? Is redundancy required?

Which type of phone models are required? IP phones with video, TP endpoints etc?

What features are required  - conferencing, MRA, Video conference etc and Max capacity?

Based on these something can be suggested about the hardwAre required and design to start with.

Ideally this should be done in consultation with your Cisco Acct team.

Manish

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Please find the details of your questions

01. Total Number of Users and phones: 450

02. Users Per site: 150

Redundancy is required

03.Basic phones as well as the digital phones. ( No IP video Phones)

04.Only call feature and auto attendance.

Regards,

Cisco Team

If the number of users / devices is not expected to grow beyond 1000 in the foreseeable future then you should be looking at BE6000M or BE6000H as a solution in this case. You may check their datasheets as they contain information about the part numbers, capacity and features.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-6000/data_sheet_c78-717454.html

Manish

Hi Manish,

I read the BE6000M and BE6000H data sheets.They have mentioned about the server model part number which i have mentioned below

BE6M-M4-K9=  Cisco Business Edition 6000M Svr (M4), Export Restricted SW

BE6M-M4-XU=  Cisco Business Edition 6000M Svr (M4), Export Unrestrict. SW

Note: Please let me know what are the different between these Export Restricted SW server model and the Export Unrestricted SW server model.If i select the (BE6M-M4-K9= for server how can i get the licences for the call manager 11.05. there is no part number mentioned in the call manager datasheets. Please let me know about the part number of the call manager so it will be easy for me to check the pricing list in the CCW tool.

regards,

Cisco Team

The restricted vs unrestricted is explained in detail in the following link and you will find numerous posts on support community about the same

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/100761/cisco-unified-communications-manager-restricted-versus-unrestricted

I am not an expert with ordering or part number stuff, someone else might help you out else as I said earlier engage your local SE or Cisco Acct team if you have one.

Manish

If you're a partner, you can just call PH and they'll help you put a BOM together with all you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate