Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD Define Migration Destination Cluster fails at step 2

Hello,

I am trying to define the migration destination cluster and it throws the error at step 2 when I click "Assign Destination Cluster Nodes" button:

../Source/Block_Ciphers/Block_Cipher.cpp:do_evp_final: Bad ciphertext data size provided.: error:0606506D:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:wrong final block length

Can somebody help please. The PCD version is 12.1.1.10000-4

Thank you,

Dmitry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maybe hitting this:

To communicate with an ESXi host server, Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment requires either root access to the ESXi software or a nonroot user with Host and Virtual Machine privileges enabled. The administrator creates a nonroot user with the specific permissions for Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment tasks, such as power on and off and mounting ISO or floppy, for fresh install or migration. The length of the nonroot user password must be less than 16 characters.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/12_0_1/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-121a/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-121a_chapter_01011.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maybe hitting this:

To communicate with an ESXi host server, Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment requires either root access to the ESXi software or a nonroot user with Host and Virtual Machine privileges enabled. The administrator creates a nonroot user with the specific permissions for Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment tasks, such as power on and off and mounting ISO or floppy, for fresh install or migration. The length of the nonroot user password must be less than 16 characters.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/12_0_1/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-121a/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-121a_chapter_01011.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am using the root account, but the password indeed is longer than 16 characters. I doubt this is the problem as PCD is able to add ESXi hosts into inventory. Anyway, I will test with the shorter password tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you Jaime,

Best regards,

Dmitry.

It was indeed the password length issue. Although the guide says that the length of the nonroot user password must be less than 16 characters, it is the case for the root user too.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Dmitry