Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Export

Cyrus Elder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knew how to add the Device Type field when building a phone file format for doing a bulk export? Seems it's not an available option in the field list.

I need to generate a report that is device type by partition. In this enviroment each partition represents a physical location, we need a list of phone models by location. Seems the only export which includes the Device Type is the all details export. This all details export, results in a very large CSV that will require time to cut it down into a usable report.

Thanks ion advance for any suggestions,

Cyrus. 

2 Replies 2

Josh Edwards
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Cyrus - what version of UCM are you running?

The Import/Export function has really improved in the latest versions of UCM (8.x and later)

You'll get the Device Type if you export all of the phones

Bulk Administration > Import/Export > Export > select "Phone" under "Device Data"

the downside is that it will export all information for all phones so it will be time consuming if you have a large deployment...

hope that helps,

Josh

Hi Josh,

I'm running 10.5.(2)

You're right that it has improved since 8, and you are also right about getting the Device Type when you export all phones, which is the only way I have found to get that information.

My problem with that, this cluster has around 5000 phones and I need a report on only 300 or so. So now I guess I'll have to spend the time sorting the file in Excel.....

You would think Device Type would be in the list of available terms for the phone file format page, seems like a software fail....

Thanks,

Cyrus.