Views
Helpful
Replies

prime collaboration assurance 11.0 upgrade to 11.5 issues

shohamshalom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i try to upgrade my small pca 11.0 to 11.5 , dun all configuration acording to cisco docs..

the upgrade looks like started , but on my console admin  i can c "Initiating Application Upgrade" more than few hours...so looks like it didnt upgrade and i m not sure why.

i try to upgrade again to 11.1 version and the same resualt..

any ideas?

tk

shoham

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/11-6/assurance/install_upgrade/guide/cpco_b_Cisco-Prime-Collaboration-Assurance-and-Analytics-Install-and-Upgrade-Guide-11-6/cpco_b_Cisco-Prime-Collaboration-Assurance-and-Analytics-Install-and-Upgrade-Guide-11-6_chapter_0110.pdf

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shoham,

Please check the "Supported Upgrade Versions - Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance 11.5" scetion of the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/11-6/assurance/install_upgrade/guide/cpco_b_Cisco-Prime-Collaboration-Assurance-and-Analytics-Install-and-Upgrade-Guide-11-6/cpco_b_Cisco-Prime-Collaboration-Assurance-and-Analytics-Install-and-Upgrade-Guide-11-6_chapter_0101.html

HTH

Manish

Rufus D
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Cisco PCA will often show as either "Remote file not found" or will hang on "Initiating upgrade" when we do file transfer using SFTP or FTP.

Try the below method for transferring files.

Use "FileZilla" client to access your PCA.

Host: sftp://<PCA-IP-ADDRESS>

Username: root

Password: <root-password>

Port: 26

Move the patch/upgrade file to the location:

/localdisk (Not inside the root or any folder, it's in the home directory)

In case if you're unable to locate the localdisk, move the file into the root using FileZilla, then open the CLI and perform the following to move the file to local disk.

admin#root

Enter the password for root: ******

ade#cd /root

ade#cp <file-name> /localdisk

Now login to CLI of PCA:

Username: admin

Password: <admin-password>

admin#configure terminal

admin(config)#repository local (Any name, local used here)

admin(config-Repository)#url disk:

admin(config-Repository)#end

admin#show repository local

(Now the file should get listed)

Initiate the upgrade:

admin#application upgrade <file-name> local

For Patch installation:

admin#patch install <file-name> local

Regards,

Rufus

Rufus - you are right. Yours is a good approach except I'm afraid to try it as my upgrade file takes 55% of the root directory/volume before it is even un-zipped. I wish the Cisco documentation performed as written.