Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration Provisioning 10.5

timhughsmith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys,

This thread caught my attention recently.

Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning Advanced 10 bugs/issues

I'm currently trying to set up Prime Collaboration Provisioning - all version 10.5 products (PCP, CUCM, CUCXN, IMP)

It would be great to get some information on "best practice" or suggested type practice.

A couple of the things I am struggling with

- Combinations of services and service bundles to make things as simple as possible for an admin - i.e. I want an EM profile, EM line, Jabber softphone, Jabber IMP services set and voicemail box. Can I do this with the admin only having to order 1 x service?

- LDAP / Domain syncs - typical CUCM deployment is LDAP integrated for sync and authentication. I find the LDAP and Domain sync settings confusing as they seem to overlap

- Details on setting up Auto Provisioning with LDAP integrated CUCM - documentation says this only works with users added to prime or synced from LDAP and it says to avoid domain sync.

Cheers,

Tim.

17 Replies 17

Does it do automated provisioning?

Cheers,

TIm

fdelgado5
Level 1
Level 1

Not fully automated, but minimal input required.  Basically designed for DAY 2 provisioning to
off load tasks to novice UC Eng, help desk workers and IT staff members.    The 40 second video covers that.      Best of Luck.

Hi,

Yes that’s why it is not really a replacement or competitor to Prime Collaboration Provisioning.

It’s nice to have a simpler front end that takes some of the repetition and duplication out.

But I think the automated provisioning is the most important. Good automation there, would replace the need for probably 90 – 95% of any day 2 operations.

I’ll be checking out the new version of PCP.

I’d be keen to see if automation is on the roadmap for Akkadian though. (Personally I think it should be)

Cheers,

Tim