cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

questions on cisco's ip endpoints?

bstagg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I am available to answer questions and receive feedback on Cisco's IP Endpoints.

Billie Bedsole

Product Mgr - Cisco IP Endpoints

23 Replies 23

j-lehmann
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Billie,

I  configure a 8945 today on a CUCM 8.5 and I am a litte bit confused. I  am not able to set the bussy trigger. The bussy trigger is hardcoded to 2. A lot of my customer use the 79XX with bussy trigger 1 and  these customers will use in the near future the 8945. Our company  purchased also the 8945 and we will  use also a bussy trigger 1.

Any roadmap that I can change the bussy trigger setting?

Thanks

Joerg

Hi Joerg - We are adding support for multiple calls per line later this year. It is currently targeted for the  9.2(2) firmware load.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Billie

Hello Billie,

for me looks like that the 8945 support multiple calls per line see pic from the cucm web side,

max number of calls 3  with a bussy trigger of 2, but I can not change it. I will use 3 calls but a bussy trigger of 1 so if  I on the phone the next incoming call have to hear a bussy tone a goes to the Voice Box. To make it changeable it needs that really a Phone firmwareor needs this a CUCM patch.

Regards

Joerg

Jeorg - It will require some significant firmware changes for the 894X to support multiple calls per line.

OK,

I understand that the new firmware support a bussy trigger of 1. Is that correct?

Later this year mean July / August ?

regards

Joerg

Jeorg - should be last quarter of the calendar year.

When is the VPN client slated for this series or this will never support it?

Srini

VPN client is not currently committed on a roadmap - but I have seen several requests for it.

Not to be critical but this is where it is very frustating when features don't uniformly flow between models. It is hard enough to do a comparison of every single caveat out there between the models but considering these phones are the equivalent of the 7945/65 with Video and those phones already support vpn client, it is very frustating that these don't.

Srini

hi dear,

have another question about this feature, we have setup the line like below:

Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Triggers per Line are:
Maximum Number of Calls3
Busy Trigger2

But with 8945 when you are using the line and put it on hold normaly you can put in place another call till 2 more but when you puch the New Call button it say (unable to create a call, the max number of call for this line has been reached) ??

can some one help me for that ?

Thanks

Belmar

multiple  calls per line will be supported with 9.2(2) firmware - which is targetted for the end of October.

With current firmware you would have to provision a second line.

@Bel Marsad

Here is the BugID

CSCtq94796 - Unable to place 2nd call from same line appeareance on 894x phones

Thanks to all of you.

Waiting to have firmware 9.2 (2)

Best regards

hunto
Level 1
Level 1

I'm rolling out a lot of 8941 and am patiently waiting for the 9.2(2) firmware. Could I get a complete list of resolved caveats?