cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Self Care Portal vs CC User Options

Pamela White
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting ready to upgrade from CUCM 8.5 to 10.5.  I have a test system with 10.5 and I am concerned about transitioning existing users to the Self Care Portal.  It looks to me like this is the replacement to CCMUser (if I go to /ccmuser or /ucuser/ it takes me to Self Care).  We have a lot of home-based users who use Mobility and/or Forwarding so my question is whether all users will automatically be able to use Self Care?  If not, what do I need to do to enable that?

I started the Self Provisioning IVR service (got the message that it needed to be started when I tried using Self Care).  It then said that my user wasn't authorized.  I added myself to the User Profile.  I still can't add my cell phone under Enable Single Number Reach.  The error is, "This phone could not be added (DB25311)."  I can't find that error on a search.

I am really hoping that all this is because this is a test system that really doesn't have anything at all on it but 1 user, 1 phone, everything is defaults.  Or is that wishful thinking and there is much more to be done than I know about?  Is it going to pick up the Mobility settings of the hundreds of users on the current system??

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pamela,

The transition from ccmuser to self care portal is seamless. The users should be able to login into he self care portal and perform various functions as listed in self care portal management guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/10_0/english/adminguide/P567_BK_A27DADFD_00_adminguide-8961-9951-9971-10_0/P567_BK_A27DADFD_00_adminguide-8961-9951-9971-10_0_chapter_01101.html

Please ensure that the end users have the Standard ccm end users role assigned to them.

HTH

Manish

Thank you!  I did more reading yesterday on the admin of it and everyone does have the standard ccm user roles.  I got the user documentation and I can write up a smaller guide for our users on the things I know they commonly use because I also know they won't read a 16 page PDF, they'll just call the helpdesk.