Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Provider SIP Trunk Not Registering

aniket0422
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I am facing issue to register SIP trunk from Service Provider on Cisco Router.

All IP addressees from Service Provider are reachable but SIP trunk Registration Status shows "no" under "show sip-ua register status"

Attached is the configuration and debug.

Can someone please suggest what wrong here.

4 Replies 4

From what I can see you have no dial peers defined. You should have two pairs of them, one inbound and another one outbound for the inside leg of your SBC and then the same for the outside leg of the SBC. Then turn on debug ccsip message, all that you have is far to noisy and provides a lot of unnecessary information that could distract you from finding your issue.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thanks for quick reply. SIP trunk won't get register without dial-peer in place ?

Correct. Without dial peers the router won’t know with what to communicate.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

As Roger has rightfully pointed out, configure dial-peers first. Without that, your CUBE / SBC won't be able to route any calls it receives.

As for the registration piece, I'd clarify with the provider the format they actually want. Having worked on a TATA SIP trunk in the past, they may want your config to look like this:

sip-ua
 credentials number 00911206986400 username 00911206986400 password 7 XXXXXXX realm 00911206986400@ngn.ttl.in
 authentication username 00911206986400 password 7 XXXXXXX realm 00911206986400@ngn.ttl.in

Add dial-peers and potentially this config (check with provider) and take it from there.