Views
Helpful
Replies

Transform calling number from Prefix to URI sip domain

dr@g0n
Level 1
Level 1

HI, 

I have a CUCM -> Express C -> Express E ,  Business 2 business call is working fine, and from Jabber agent can make sip URI call to other business as follow

7XXX@domain.com -> CUCM -> SIP Route Pattern -> Express C  -> Express E

My problem is that I want agent with a IP phone (no jabber) and from SCCP analogue phone to be able to dial 7xxx and then  CUCM will convert it to a URI domain and send to Express C  as follow

from an ip phone/analogue  -> dialed patter 7XXXX -> CUCM -> transform it to 7XXX@domain.com -> Express C -> Express E 

Is there any way to translate a Prefix to an URI ? or at least can I send a prefix -prefix route pattern (not a sip route pattern) -> to Express C -> Express E and use the transform on Express E to add @domain.com

Thanks, 

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM can’t do this but Expressway can. Use a normal Route Pattern on CUCM for the 7XXX Pattern and then add a Transform on Expressway-C to change the URI received from the CUCM Neighbor zone.

OK, but can I send a 7XXX route pattern to expressway C ? I thought that we can only send SIP Route pattern. bzw I will try that and get back to you