Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to see status of users on phone

Loftyworm
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 11.5

I am trying to setup user phones in an exisitng environment.  I am coming in late, and playing catch up.  One of my users came to me and was telling me the self service portal was creating speed dials on her KEM (The phone worked fine, but no new speed dials), but they do not show the status of users.  When I create the speed dials manually on the server, they show just fine.

How do I make it so she can add her own speed dials with correct status from the self service portal?

Also, trouble shooting this, I set up a test user.  This user has all the settings of a regular user; domain account, exchange email, real phone, real desktop login, and jabber.  I replicated all the settings for the phone device, jabber, and user account in cucm.  But my test user will not show the users status at all in either the phone or the KEM

How do I get my test user to show teh status of jabber users?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

You're on the right track here, except that you need to remove the "Standard" speed dial buttons that you configured and set them up as BLF - speed dial buttons. The methods needed for doing this config are shown in this video;

https://www.networkworld.com/article/2228095/cisco-subnet/icomm-lab-4---monitoring-a-dn-with-a-blf-speed-dial.html

or

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-services-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-services-guide-90_chapter_0101110.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BLF speed dials are not user configurable, they can only be configured via CCMadmin.

BLF speed dials do not show the presence status of Jabber, they only show the line status, if that's what you're trying to do.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It must be doable, I can see some user that work.

Here are some pics to clarify

2017-09-29_12-25-58.jpg2017-09-29_12-25-14.jpg

CCM User Page does not have Busy Lamp Field Settings for IP Phones
CSCsb59301

EDIT: You can search CSC for blf + self care and find plenty other threads on the topic, all saying the same.
HTH

java

I belief you.  But I am confused, how is it working then on the other phone?  Is this somehow ocnnected to Jabber?

Can you please define some of the nominclature for me; BLF??  CSC??

No, this has nothing to do with Jabber.

BLF = Busy Lamp Field

CSC = Cisco Support Community

It's working on the other phone, because those were configured via CCMadmin, BLF-SD can ONLY be configured in CCMadmin.

The users can only configure regular speed dials via self care portal.

HTH

java

Yes, things are starting to become clear-er.  I have understood that that CUCM is the admin page, but I beleive you are saying my words need to be calarified to "CUCM admin page = CCMadmin.  In other words, ONLY the admin can make speed dials with BLF.

OK, that explains my first question, anyone who wants BLF will have to let me do the speed dials.

BUT

The second question, I DID setup the speed dials from CCMadmin, and I am still getting the picture I posted above, with no BLF.

Bump

bump

Hi there,

You're on the right track here, except that you need to remove the "Standard" speed dial buttons that you configured and set them up as BLF - speed dial buttons. The methods needed for doing this config are shown in this video;

https://www.networkworld.com/article/2228095/cisco-subnet/icomm-lab-4---monitoring-a-dn-with-a-blf-speed-dial.html

or

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-services-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-services-guide-90_chapter_0101110.html

Cheers!

Rob

Fantasitc :)  that was exactly what I was missing thatnk you!!

Only one minor question.  It is working now, but my speedy phone icon is showing as red/green, while my secratary has a dot that shows the color.  Why is this?  can I change it?