cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - No Ringback on Handler Transfer

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Having a strange issue , with ringback on call handler tranfers. i.e i'm not getting any.

Basic script for internal use only . OPtion 1 and 2 transfers to different shared phone lines.

All works apart from ringback

CTI Route Point has access to MOH

Checked MOH with ringback tone on CUCM - Working

Unity connection SIP trunks have access to MOH servers

Where should  the MOH come from in this scenario?

8 Replies 8

Does the SIP trunk to Unity Connection have an MRGL (either in the device pool or on the trunk itself) that includes an annunciator? That is where ringback would be generated. Also, does it vary if you try the transfer from an internal phone? If that works then it could be the lack of an annunciator on the trunk/gateway where the call entered your network.

Thanks  Elliot , yep i have Annuniators running and availble to the SIP trunks . I have only tested internally as thats all i need

I have enabled MRGL with ANN  on CTI Route point- SIP trunk - Calling device and called device

Did that change the status of ringback? That wasn't clear from your reply. If it didn't, you will have to look at CM traces to see if you are getting "Alerting" events which is what should trigger the playing of ringback via an annunciator.

Sorry no didn't make any difference , as a more general question where should ringback come from when using unity to transfer . I know on UCCX the CTI ports use the MOH CUCM server and you need to configure a MOH ringback source , but as far as i can see Unity uses the Annunciator ?

No, ringback comes from an annuciator not MoH.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is CUC performing a supervised or unsupervised transfer? The caller will hear silence during a supervised transfer of a SIP-integrated CUC cluster to CUCM. MOH on a supervised transfer is one/only argument for still doing SCCP, as much as I hate to admit it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/b_12xcucintcucmsip/b_12xcucintcucmsip_chapter_010.html

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the information , i wasn't aware of that limitation on Supervised transfers with SIP integration.

I have actually tried both with no avail. Currently trying to figure out where the MOH should come from , as some scenarios indicate annunciator and other from the MOH servers. I know the MOH servers work as i;m using it for ringback with UCCX

Hello, did you ever find a solution for not RING BACK from UNITY?  We are having the same issue right now.  I have  case with CISCO but noi resolution so far.