Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY FOWARD RULES

kennedymacharia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys.

I have a CUCM cluster 9.1 connected to a unity cluster 9.1. I have set up voicemail which is working correct but I want to set up auto attendant on my pilot lines as now all calls go to the receptionist. I have created a CTI route point and can point to the Voicemail ok. The problem is Playing the auto attendant call handler as when I create a foward routing rule to point to my Auto attendant call handler, All voice mail points to the auto attendant. Which order do the fowarding rules apply or is there another way around this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kennedy,

The Routing Rules are applied in a top down order according to the Routing Rules list. So if you move your new rule to the bottom of the list it won't be applied to all forwarded calls.

That being said, you don't generally need a routing rule to get a call to route to a new call handler. If the CTI-RP DN/number matches the call handler DN/number  and you apply cfwdall to CUC from the CTI-RP you should be good to go.

Example:

new CTI-RP = DN 5555 set to cfwdall to Unity Connection pilot #

new Call Handler = DN 5555

calls to 5555 should route directly to the call handler @ 5555 without any routing rules applied.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kennedy,

The Routing Rules are applied in a top down order according to the Routing Rules list. So if you move your new rule to the bottom of the list it won't be applied to all forwarded calls.

That being said, you don't generally need a routing rule to get a call to route to a new call handler. If the CTI-RP DN/number matches the call handler DN/number  and you apply cfwdall to CUC from the CTI-RP you should be good to go.

Example:

new CTI-RP = DN 5555 set to cfwdall to Unity Connection pilot #

new Call Handler = DN 5555

calls to 5555 should route directly to the call handler @ 5555 without any routing rules applied.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I removed the routing rule and all is okay I dont know the reason it was there I hope I did not break something.