Views
Helpful
Replies

unrestricted to restricted cucm migration

balaji.babu1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear team,

we have one of the customer moved from unrestricted to restricted image due to security reasons  by fresh build ie fresh installation  of 11.X and exported the data from  the old system which is unrestricted.after migrating to  this platform   several issues raises daily .My question is if we upgrade from unrestricted to restricted we cannot upgrade or migrate in near future as cisco document says, so migrating the data from unrest to rest is supported ? will Cisco upgrade the platform in future ? 

any one implemented this platform and  how you resolved the issues ?please share your experience? 

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is NO migration from Unrestricted to Restricted and vice verse, BAT export/import/manual config will need to be preformed for either direction.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only go from restricted to unrestricted (as an upgrade), but there is no path from unrestricted to restricted.

DRS can only be restored on the same version and restricted/unrestricted deployment.

The only option to move from unrestricted to restricted, is to use BAT to get the data from the unrestricted version, wipe out the unrestricted VM, and do a whole new fresh install of restricted to import the BAT data.

Migrating the data with BAT doesn't affect the support for your deployment.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime,
Thanks for your reply Jaime.
if I need to migrate or bat import  from c210 to c220 m3 ,m4 and also application upgrade form 10.5 to 11.5

can I bulid a fresh 11.5 application in c220 and import the data from c210 10.5 application(unrestricted ) or I need to upgrade to 11.5 in c210 and copy the data to c220 fresh build 11.5(restricted ) ?

OR migrate the application from 10.5 in c210 to c220 as such and upgrade the application to 11.5 .which one is supported and recommend by cisco .?

need a clarity on this ?

regards
Balaji b