cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Untiy connection Message Actions - Options on user template

sonal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - We are running in to an issue with message actions on user template level. I am running Connection version 9.1.2.

We are using email address as Unity Connection Alias and I like the user template option to be left with %alias%. But Unity Connection expecting an input in this format %alias%@abc.com. It would not let me save without @domain...So when I provision a user using this template I will end up with an email like jsmith@abc.com@abc.com.

Any ideas to overcome this issue while I could still use templates to provision users?

5 Replies 5

Anirudh Mavilakandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In your case, the best way to do this would be to use the BAT option.

- Export all users with mailbox

- Edit the csv file > copy the content of alias to the relay address field > Change the relay action value for voicemail to 3 (i believe it is 3 for accept and relay - you can change it for one user, do the export and confirm)

- Use the update users with mailbox option

Thanks for the response. BAT option will work as one time fix. But accounts created going forward will have the issue. 

Thanks

Unfortunately this is the only option available. May I ask why you create the the alias as an email address? How does it help?

It's LDAP limitation. Only unique filed on LDAP is the email ID. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms677605(v=vs.85).aspx

sAMAccountName: The sAMAccountName must be unique among all security principal objects within the domain.

In the LDAP Setup, you can use sAMAccountName for 'LDAP Attribute for User ID' field.