cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c-series to ucsm integration

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

I've read that only Release 1.2(xx) CIMC and BIOS is supported for UCSM integration.. So that means if I upgraded to Release 1.3(xx) and 1.4(xx) then I cannot integrate my c-series to ucsm?

3 Replies 3

lwatta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct.. To integrate with UCSM you have to be running 1.2 to integrate. So if you are at 1.3 or 1.4 you need to back rev to 1.2.

I see, any plans on cisco to update the 1.2 version to a higher version for UCSM integration?

This can't possibly still be the same is it?  I've been trying to integrate a new C200 M2 with the P81e into an existing environment running 1.41m.  The initial version on the P81e was 1.3 but i've since upgraded all firmare on the C200 to the latest (1.41i) i believe.  Anyway, the P81e has CIMC built into it and I can get it to work fine initially, meaning as soon as i set the CIMC configuration to Cisco Card (the P81e), I see the CIMC LED illuminate and UCSM sees the new server, but it cannot inventory the server and as soon as I reboot it, the CIMC LED shuts off.  I'm really frustrated, it seems like it should be much easier to integrate these...

Anyone get this to work?  FYI, is it really a requirement even with the P81e to use and 2248 or 2232?  That would make absolutely no sense, I have 6140's and do not need to nor can I buy 2k's for one C200.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card