Views
Helpful
Replies

can i use cisco 1385 and 1387 adapter together in UCSM 3.1

kkp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have one Cisco 240 server which has both the adapter 1385 and 1387,can i use both the adapter with UCSM 3.1.

Thanks

kk

4 Replies 4

Tyler P
Level 1
Level 1

hi, yes you can see below from the spec sheet:

Two plug-in PCIe VIC cards can be installed in 2-CPU systems, using slots 2 and 5. In addition, you can order an mLOM VIC card, which is installed in the mLOM slot inside the chassis and thus have three VIC cards in operation at the same time. See Table 17 on page 48 for the selection of plug-in and mLOM VIC cards. See also Table 1 on page 11 and Riser Card Configuration and Options, page 92 for the PCIe slot physical descriptions.

The server supports up to two PCIe Cisco VICs (1225, 1225T, 1385) plus an MLOM VIC (1227, 1227T), however, single wire management is supported on only one VIC at a time. If multiple VICs are installed on a server, only one slot has NCSI enabled at a time and for single wire management, priority goes to the MLOM slot, then slot 2, then slot 5 for NCSI management traffic. When multiple cards are installed, connect the single wire management cables in the priority order mentioned above.

source: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/c240m4-sff-spec-sheet.pdf

-Tyler

Thanks Tylor,

Mean i can connect four cables from server to FI and can i use all four links.

Thanks
k**bleep**ij

Hi KKP1, 

Are looking for QSFP breakout cables? 1 x 40G to 4 x 10G? This would be for 6200 series FIs. But as mentioned in my first post only one VIC can be used for single wire mgmt.

-Tyler 

Tyler,

is there any way i can use 1385 and 1387 together with UCSM 3.1 and 6248 FI.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card