Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C240M4L CIMC firmware upgrade status stuck in Rebuilding

mohamedelbruki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running cisco UCSM package version 4.2(3d), I joined 2 C240M4L both running 4.4.0.2f for the BIOS and 4.0(2I) for the CIMC firmware trying to upgrade to 4.1(2k). both were discovered successfully, however when I applied the service profile one of them successfully applied and updated the package firmware and the other one hung while trying to update the cimc firmware and eventually failed.  My next step after this was I decommissioned and recommissioned it, and then went through the firmware auto installer to update the firmware , the result of this was the BIOS updated successfully but the CIMC failed. My next step after this was decommissioning and recommissioning, then resetting the CIMC under "Recover" , it reset successfully however when I view under firmware management it says " Rebuilding" under the column named "Update Status" , as of this post its been in this state for the past 3 hours. Can someone please guide me to resolving this issue

thanks in advance 

1 Reply 1

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@mohamedelbruki 

Review the logs and status of the other components, and if no evidences of something else call TAC.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card