But UCSM fails: "Operation is not permitted"

rheitmann_0-1704460757118.png

Any Idea how to overcome this?

5 Replies 5

itm.i11.team
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

try to select Recommission and apply. This works for us, but only with blade servers.
Rack servers can be deleted though.

Regards
 Martin

mohata
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the same error message I have already decommissioned the server but did not remove the server from the chassis due to not having the cover for empty server.  Is there a way to clean the database without having to remove the server from the chassis?  

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is that a M3 server in a version of UCSM which does not support M3 (UCSM 4.2(1d)+)?

If so, then I'm not sure how to resolve that error.
Maybe after physically removing the server, then UCSM will allow it to be deleted from the decommissioned tab?

There should be no harm in leaving that old M3 in the decommissioned tab.

Steven, 

So basically I have the M3 that were already decommissioned which do not show up in the chassis however I decommissioned our b200 M4 blades yesterday but they keep showing up as mismatch.  Please see the screenshot.  I just don't know what I can do after decommissioning the M4 blade servers and making sure it does not show up in the UCSM chassis. 

mohata_0-1714058748884.png

You can see after decommissioning the server I am getting the alert needs resolution and the only resolution I can see from the allowed things to do is to accept the server in the mismatched slots.  This will rediscover the device and put it back in place however I do not want this server to be shown and it is not being used.  I did remove the server from the chassis which indeed does remove it however I had to put it back because I am missing the chassis cover for empty slots.  I just wanted to know if there was a way to remove this server from the database and the UCSM without removing the server from the chassis.  I was able to do this in the past.  The UCSM version I have installed 4.2.3j for Infrastructure.  not sure if this has anything to do with this alert.  Please let me know your thoughts.  I was able to make sure the server was decommissioned and not show up in USCM in the past but this error I am not sure of.  

Kind Regards, 

Tahir 

Shot in the dark.

From the UCSM CLI try (mostly) undocumented command(s):

reset slot 1/5
reset slot 1/6
reset slot 1/7
reset slot 1/8

These commands should flush whatever UCSM knows about those slots and rediscover what is there physically at present.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card