Views
Helpful
Replies

DIMM Operstate Disable

feby.prastyo1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem about my Server UCS B200 M4 , there are 2 alert that is "DIMM D3 on server x/y  operstate disable" and "DIMM H3 on server x/y  operstate disable". I've checked on inventory tab, memory is still detected but the capacity appears Unspecified . But total memory still match, no degrade total capacity.

We have to try troubleshoot to move the memory to another slot but still got the same errors, and we also doing reset bmc, but the problem still same also.

I am attach the screen shoot error for the detail.

There are any have same problem with me or experience handle problem like it?

Best Regards

Feby.

2 Replies 2

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Feby,

Could you try to swap the memory sticks with new slots. For example if D3 is having an issue and B3 is fine then swap B3 and D3 and see if the error follows the memory stick or if it follows the actually slot.

Also what UCS Version are you currently running. If you are on 2.2(7) or 3.1(1g) can you try the following commands;

SSH to the UCS Manager VIP

Scope Server ½ (Chassis 1 Blade 2 for this example)

Reset-all-memory-errors

Commit

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,

Hi Qiese Dides,

Maybe tomorrow i will try swap the memory sticks , for make sure the problem depend from memory stick or slot . And i will inform for the result.

We running with UCSM 2.2(6c) , and we already doing reset all memory errors , and nothing changes, the problem still happens.

Thank You,

Best Regards

Feby

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card