cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FI firmware upgrade from 2.2(3a) to 2.2(5a)

mike-maier
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to activate the firmware on the subordinate and i get :Result: end-point -failed Code: unspecified  Message: Pre-Upgrade failed.  Insufficient free space in /var/tmp. Less than required 90%.   If i could find this location or how to get there i might be able to clean it up.  Any help would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

we'll need to check the utilization of /var/tmp (the fault will be thrown if it is more than 10%).

sometime there are files in /var/tmp that oversize and eat up space.

Open a TAC case and ask the engineer to check bug# CSCun79792 and perform the workaround.

Once the files in /var/tmp have reduced size and overall utlization of /var/tmp is below 10% firmware upgrade should be able to proceed.

Thanks,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are a couple reasons this good be happening, starting from bad mounting/bad reporting to some files growing over the limit. 

vide:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun79792/?reffering_site=dumpcr

My suggestion - get TAC involved. 

Saurabh Kothari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

we'll need to check the utilization of /var/tmp (the fault will be thrown if it is more than 10%).

sometime there are files in /var/tmp that oversize and eat up space.

Open a TAC case and ask the engineer to check bug# CSCun79792 and perform the workaround.

Once the files in /var/tmp have reduced size and overall utlization of /var/tmp is below 10% firmware upgrade should be able to proceed.

Thanks,

Saurabh

mike-maier
Level 1
Level 1

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12519076/cscup37354-vartmp-and-varsysgmr-full-due-generated-cores

I rebooted the interconnect it is now updating as per this article. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card