cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Management and Deleting Images/Packages

Terry MacDougal
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to delete some older firmware packages and was wondering if anyone had an easier way to remove the associated images. If you simply remove a package and the image is still there you get all sorts of Major warnings (image-deleted).

It would be much easier if you delete an old package ie. ucs-k9-bundle-b-series.2.0.4b.B.bin that is automatically deletes it's related Image so these errors don't appear, especially if you have upgraded a few times.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/110475-ucs-firmware-management-00.html

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

my 2c

I have never used the feature to remove individual images out of a package ! why ?

The referenced paper uses this feature; I don't know anybody using it ?

Removing packages will reclaim space, and can only be done, if there are no more any references to images !

Removing packages will reclaim space, and can only be done, if there are no more any references to images !

Exactly, I want to first remove the references so I can then delete the older packages. If not, I am left with annoying error messages referring to the deleted package...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card