cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure UCS Manager?

hasmizi15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this is first time im using Cisco server and we have Cisco c240. My task now to monitor this server using SCOM. From research i understand that we need to install/configure UCS Manager. But i'm not really sure how to configure it, i know it similar with Dell OMSA, but for OMSA we just need to install the application. But how for Cisco server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Although this is not clearly documented, SCOM integration is only supported for B-Series Blades, and C-Series rack mounts, which are integrated with UCS Manager. No support for standalone C-Series.

Walter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using C240 standalone or integrated into UCS ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c-series_integration/ucsm2-2/b_C-Series-Integration_UCSM2-2/b_C-Series-Integration_UCSM2-2_chapter_01.html

see https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-54464

Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack for Microsoft SCOM (version 3.1.2)

Hi walter thanks for your reply, really appreciate dat, yeah i just understand that we are using C240 standalone, is it any issue to monitor with SCOM?we already download Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack for Microsoft SCOM (version 3.1.2) but seems no information gather, at first we believe that need UCS Manager as in the middle to grab the info, same as OMSA did for Dell. But since that is standalone C240, im not sure whether it can or not.

Hi

Although this is not clearly documented, SCOM integration is only supported for B-Series Blades, and C-Series rack mounts, which are integrated with UCS Manager. No support for standalone C-Series.

Walter.

Hi Walter,

I see, which mean no chances for us to monitor this server using SCOM, or base on your experience, any work around to achieve that?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card