cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem boot After Finished Up Install Windows Server 2012 R2 using UEFI mode enable - UCS C-220 M3

feby.prastyo1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community ,

I have a problem when finished up Install Windows Server 2012 , when server reboot the server getting fail " failed to find the bootable device"

Server Cisco UCS C Series 220 M3 , i am boot using local disk ,  configured boot UEFI mode not legacy , CIMC version 2.0(1b) . 

For information , the setup windows server 2012 running good , create partition then setup windows until the last process that Finishing Up.

I also have a question , about FlexFlash (see attachment) i have error invalid raid cause no sd card available on slot , but the virtual disk are detected normally when server booting. The disk status also good , i am using Raid 1 , 2 disk mirroring. The question what is impact if no sdcard on flex flesh?

I also try to chosee boot order manually (F6) and result is same " failed to find the bootable device"

Any body can give me solution , i am new hands on Cisco Ucs.

Thank you very much

Regard
Prast.
1 Reply 1

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which type of local disk did you use to install the OS ?

Can you please show us the boot policy

Regarding flex flash see eg.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/unified-computing/whitepaper_C11-718938.pdf

Walter.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card