VMW-VSP-STD-3A=   

Thanks in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Doug Johnstone
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

did you get a suitable response to your query?

I am wanting to order some new BE7K servers but am unable to find any VMware license SKU's i can use on CCW.

I wish Cisco would update the documentation first before making changes in CCW

Doug

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@mmirghani 

I can't see the replacement for OEM, i suggest you call Cisco TAC..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-b-series-blade-servers/eos-eol-notice-c51-736501.html

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

mmirghani
Level 1
Level 1

@Ruben Cocheno   

Thank you for your feedback , Sure I will contact Cisco  TAC 

Doug Johnstone
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

did you get a suitable response to your query?

I am wanting to order some new BE7K servers but am unable to find any VMware license SKU's i can use on CCW.

I wish Cisco would update the documentation first before making changes in CCW

Doug

Hello Doug Johnstone 

You can reach VMware and get Quote for vSphere 

Mohamed  

Doug Johnstone
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mohamed,

was that the fix provided by Cisco? You have always been able to purchase the licenses direct from VMware but i want to keep my servers and licenses ordered together and from Cisco.

Doug

"You have always been able to purchase the licenses direct from VMware but i want to keep my servers and licenses ordered together and from Cisco."

This is no longer possible, unfortunately. With VMware's switch from licenses to a subscription model, OEM VMware licenses from hardware vendors are no longer available. 

A statement from Cisco or help on how to purchase the vsphere licenses would have been good. There is a distinct lack of information online available on this.

Agreed, a statement would be great - Cisco are usually pretty good at posting EOL/LDoS support notices for their own hardware and software. I am not aware if they do the same for 3rd party / OEM SKUs that are no longer orderable.

If you want something official, from VMware (does not mention OEM, but does mention perpetual licenses):

VMware End Of Availability of Perpetual Licensing and SaaS Services - VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) Blog

From a 3rd party around VMware OEM:

VMware licensing is changing - What you need to know - Trustmarque

"As of Monday, January 15th, Broadcom informed all of its OEM partners (including Dell, Lenovo, HPE) that they will no longer accept quotes, new orders, new Enterprise License Agreements (ELAs), or renewals. In short, OEM licensing for VMware is no longer available, and all orders moving forward must be placed directly with VMware (via distribution) under the new licensing models."

If you want something official from Cisco, please reach out to them (distributor/reseller/Cisco Account manager; maybe TAC can also find this info). The guidance to approach VMware directly is 2nd hand from a colleague who has to renew VMware licenses for Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration. It matches the above information. If you have something official, please share here.

WUR
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To find the current Cisco SKU for a VMware vSphere Standard license, you should:
• Contact Cisco Sales: Reach out to your Cisco sales representative or authorized Cisco reseller for the most accurate and recent information on the product SKUs.
• Check Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW), you can search for the latest VMware licensing SKUs that Cisco offers.

Please contact Cisco directly or work with a Cisco partner.

Doug Johnstone
Level 4
Level 4

Hi wrahaman,

sorry, you didnt leave your name above. Your message highlights what i was saying previously. Cisco should have posted something on the web site, on CCW and various other places so partners would know what happening, and also staff.

I got this through partner help, which i can confirm is 100% accurate:

DougJohnstone_0-1712069109552.png

Not being informed directly has caused issues for myself and no doubt thousands of other partners using up time trying to source SKUs for a part that was available and then suddenly wasnt, with no notification from Cisco.

Thanks

Doug

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card