Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Typical P1 and P2 temperatures B200M4

Hi,

I have just setup a chassis with 8 B200M4, each with 2 X 18core processors. I have observed temperatures of around 65 degrees celcius on some of the P2 processors while the P1 stay around 42 to 50 degrees. These are temperatures for blades at idle or very low load (0 to 15% load, as reported by vcentre). I include below an excerpt from the logs:

Sensor Name      | Reading | Unit         | Status | LNR     | LC      | LNC     | UNC     | UC | UNR     |

=================|=========|==============|========|=========|=========|=========|=========|=========|=========|

P1_TEMP_SENS     | 42.500  | degrees C    | OK     | na      | na      | na      | 70.000  | 79.000  | 88.000  |

P2_TEMP_SENS     | 63.000  | degrees C    | OK     | na      | na      | na      | 70.000  | 79.000  | 88.000  |

It is the first time that I implement B200M4 with 18 core processors, and I would like to know if the temperatures that I am getting are normal. I am a little worried that the cooling in the server room might not be adequate, despite the fact that the status is OK according to the log entry. Therefore, I would be most grateful if any of you using the same compute nodes could let me know what kind of temperatures you are seeing, and also the difference in temperature between P1 and P2.

Thanking you in advance,

Arnaud 

0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card