Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Blades and ESXi 5.1 Update 3

mg.figueroa
Level 1
Level 1

HI:

I have a Cisco UCS B200 M2 UCSM 2.2(3e). After upgrading 3 blades with a Cisco customized VSphere Esxi 5.1 U3 ISO (This is the one recommended in cisco matrix), every time any of these 3 blades get restarted, they lost connectivity with the rest of the network. Each of these blades have vnic0 and vnic1. As soon as I uncheck vnic1 in the DCUI console, the blade regain connectivity with the network.  If I select the vnic1, the blade lost connectivity with the network again. As a workaround, I have to deselect vnic1 from the DCUI, restart the blade and after the blade starts up, I re-select the vnic1.

Esxi 5.1 U3 was the last version compatible with the M81KR virtual interface card that came with our UCS B200 M2.

will appreciate any help provided...

Thanks

Miguel

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Miguel

Are you using vswitch, DVS or N1k ?

Which load balancing do you use ?

have a look at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12608446/service-profile-portability-between-b200-m3-and-b200-m4

Walter.

Hi Walter:

The 3 blades Vmware hosts have a vSwitch with 4 vm port groups and 1 vmkernel port (Mgmt). Also each vSwitch have 2 vnics (vnic0 & vnic1). The load balancing settings is:

Load Balancing: Port ID

Network Failure Detection: Link status only

Notify Switches: Yes

Failback: Yes

Active Adpaters: vmnic0

Standby Adapters: vmnic1

Unused Adpaters: None

This is the same load balancing configuration in all Vm port groups and VmKernel Port.

Thanks

Miguel Figueroa

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card