Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS inband KVM browser access

Hi all,

I've 2 FI 6248UP connected to 3 chassis 5108 and need to grant access to a limited number of blades (KVM) in one sub-organization.

I've created an ip pool called KVM, a VLAN Group called KVM_grp (VLAN 467 KVM_S) and configured LAN Cloud Global Policies - Inband Profile with this values.

Now the outband management IP is on the network xxx.xxx.100.53 (VLAN 465) and the inband management IP is on the network xxx.xxx.104.13 (VLAN 467).

So my expectation is that i can reach only the KVM of a server in a sub-organization pointing with a web browser to the inband management IP of that server (xxx.xxx.104.13), and not  the network where the UCSM is mapped (xxx.xxx.100..x).

Unfortunately this isn't true... I can connect to the outband IP of the KVM with a web browser but cannot connect to the inband of the KVM, although I can ping the inband IP (xxx.xxx.104.13).

Is something configured wrong??? or it isn't possible to gain access to the inband IP of the KVM with a web browser? But if so, what's the scope of the inband management IP?

TIA

Roger

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Checking http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/ucs-manager/GUI-User-Guides/Admin-Management/3-1/b_Cisco_UCS_Admin_Mgmt_Guide_3_1/b_Cisco_UCS_Admin_Mgmt_Guide_3_1_chapter_0110.html 

Cisco UCS Manager supports out-of-band IPv4 address access to the Cisco UCS KVM Direct launch page from a web browser. To provide this access, you must enable the following service:

• CIMC Web Service

CIMC Web Service

This service is disabled by default.

When this service is enabled, users can directly access a server CIMC using one of the out-of-band management IP addresses assigned directly to the server, or associated with the server through a service profile.

Note   

CIMC Web Service can only be enabled or disabled globally. You cannot configure KVM direct access for individual CIMC IP addresses.

Doing some additional research, but it appears this is only supported for out of band IPs.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card