Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM v2.2(7b). B200M3 2.2(2c). KVM Issues

rafaelbianco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys! How's everybody doing?

We recently upgraded our FIs to v2.2(7b) so our environment could receive new B200M4 blades (according to the release notes, that's the suggested version for this hardware). And according to the same release notes the FIs on 2.2(7b) are compatible with the server bundle on 2.2(2c).

But after the FI upgrade, we cannot connect to the KVM of the B200M3 blades. We got a timeout. It's not a Java issue since we always did that and it worked.

I found a bug (cscux24085) that have the exact same issue (but different versions) and the recommendation is to upgrade the CIMC to the same version of the FIs.

So the question is: Should I upgrade only the CIMC of the blades through manual activation or is it too risky? If I do that is the blade going to restart?

Thanks,

Rafael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

It sounds like you are hitting this:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux24085/?reffering_site=dumpcr

As a test, you can upgrade the CIMC on a blade to 2.2.3 version and see if the problem persist. Remember, to be in a support configuration, all components must be on the same firmware release. You don't want CIMC on 2.2.3 and then BIOS on 2.2.2.

Yes upgrading blade will require downtime, however only CIMC upgrade will not. 

HTH,

Wes

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

It sounds like you are hitting this:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux24085/?reffering_site=dumpcr

As a test, you can upgrade the CIMC on a blade to 2.2.3 version and see if the problem persist. Remember, to be in a support configuration, all components must be on the same firmware release. You don't want CIMC on 2.2.3 and then BIOS on 2.2.2.

Yes upgrading blade will require downtime, however only CIMC upgrade will not. 

HTH,

Wes

Hello Wes!

On the release notes it says that there's compatibility between those mixed versions. Anyways... I'll try upgrading CIMC version and see if that solves the issue.

Thanks!

Hello,

You can have mixed versions, meaning Infrastructure (A bundle) can be at 2.2.6 while your blade firmware (B Bundle) can be at 2.2.3. You still want to ensure all components on the blades (CIMC, BIOS, adapter, board controller) are on the same release/firmware package.

HTH,

Wes

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card