cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WWPN not showing on NPV flogi-table

irguazo
Level 1
Level 1

I have an environment with two FI 6248, two UCS 5108 and two 6510 brocade switches for san. UCSM has 4.0.4m version and FI are in "end host mode".   

We have two service profiles in use (PRD_1 & and PRD_2), both created from the same template (PRD_TEMPLATE) and works without any issue. "PRD_TEMPLATE" has 3 VNICs and 2 VHBAs.

All works fine but recently I created a new service profile (PRD_3) from PRD_TEMPLATE, I unbinded this new service profile from the template and I associated it with a UCS Blade (4.0.4n version). 

In UCSM I have only one VSAN (default) created. All VHBAs has default VSAN associated, I dont have any SAN Connectivity Policy configured.

The problem is when I try to attach the WWPN to a zone on brocade, this does not see the WWPNs of the VHBAs.On Brocade I issued the commands:

>switchshow

>portshow X

I didn´t find the corresponding WWPNs of the new HBAs.

On FI cli I issued the commands:

#show npv status

#show npv flogi table

But I can't see the corresponding WWPNs.

What could be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

StevenTardy_1-1712149816893.png

This is showing vfc1724 is in VSAN 4094. Assuming vfc1724 is the vHBA in question.
Did you set the VSAN of the vHBA?
Maybe bind the new vHBA to any prior/existing/working vHBA Template which should bring with it the VSAN?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

StevenTardy_1-1712149816893.png

This is showing vfc1724 is in VSAN 4094. Assuming vfc1724 is the vHBA in question.
Did you set the VSAN of the vHBA?
Maybe bind the new vHBA to any prior/existing/working vHBA Template which should bring with it the VSAN?

irguazo
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @Steven Tardy. I noted that the vfc 1724 was the vHBA, I restarted the ucs and also I reset the wwpn but nothing happened. I had to create a new service profile and then all worked normally.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card