Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcing UC320W 2.3.3(4) Limited Deployment Release

kvarshne
Level 1
Level 1

WHAT?

Today we are announcing the release of the  Cisco UC320W 2.3.3(4)  Limited Deployment Firmware release.  This fix release is available only via the Cloud by installing the attached Platform Modification File (PMF).   This is the 2.3.2(6) firmware with several key fixes/improvements added.  Please see the release notes below for details.

NOTE: The open source tar file will not be available upon request because this is an LD release.  Proceed with the installation of this firmware only if you agree with these terms and conditions.

WHEN?

The 2.3.3 Limited Deployment release is available today via the Cloud using the attached Platform Modification File (PMF).

HOW?

Log into the UC320W Configuration Utility on a system that has the  WAN connected.

Installation:

1. Perform a system backup of the UC320W before loading the PMF file.
  2. Download the PMF and save to your PC.
  3. Unzip the PMF file.
  4. Launch and log into the UC320W Configuration Utility.
  5. Click on the Status option at the top.
  6. Click on Devices submenu.
  7. Click on Alter PMFs button.
  8. Click Add PMF from your PC button, select the unzipped file and install.
  9. Click Done to close the dialog.

If your WAN is connected you should see a pop up dialog appear shortly, offering you the 2.3.3(4) firmware upgrade.

1. Click Install.
  2. After the unit has upgraded, you must now Apply the configuration for all fixes to be applied.

Detailed upgrade instructions can be found in the release notes.

NOTE:  If you are upgrading from 2.1, please check the UC320 Region Pack page for additional dial plan and locale updates.  Apply the Region Pack after upgrading.

Release notes for the Cisco UC320W 2.3.3(4) firmware release can be found here >>> LINK

8 Replies 8

jbhelm
Level 1
Level 1
This PMF no longer seems to work (the Config Utility never indicates there's an update available after installing the PMF). Is there another way to retrieve this firmware update at this point? It's not presently available on the UC320 download page (only up to 2.3.2 is available there).

Thanks.

jbhelm, did you ever resolve this issue?

No. We gave up on the UC320W and switched to FreePBX. Cisco basically abandoned the product, even while they still said it was "actively supported." I've generally been very happy with Cisco products, but the UC320W turned out to be a complete waste of money, and time.

igorpaster
Level 1
Level 1

The download link is empty. 1kb it shows me. 

Mine shows the same. My UC320W likes to reset all of the phones in a regular basis, even during a call. I was hoping that would fix it. SPA504G phones - I have set them to not be provisioned, switched off all sorts off reset options. Some days they go well, others they start resetting mid-afternoon, and then continue to do so. Most annoying, especially in a working office environment. However, I scored a reasonably priced UC500W, and it seems to test ok, except I lose "control" of the individual phones. The box sets them up as CSPC type phones. All works fine so far.

1kB is definitely not empty.

1kB is the true size of the file in question. I also verified the content of the file - it contain correct PMF as announced..

Yes, but ... After uploading it to the unit, It doesn't offer the expected patch.

I responded "link to PMF doesn't work, it return empty file". Your current complaint is something different.

Information within PMF file in question are obsolete and works no longer. UC320W is End-Of-Support from 2017-01-31. (Almost) all information has been removed from Cisco WWW pages, old links and even PMF files no longer works. While we may not be happy with it, it's Cisco policy. Consider other vendor if you feel dissatisfied.

We are using Asterisk ...