cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cisco 8845 IP phone with MPP firmware for asterisk with SIP over TLS

Hello , 

i have upgraded the migrated the firmware of Cisco 8845 IP phone from enterprise firmware to MPP firmware.  Firmware migration went well and all seems good.. but when i tried to register the IP phone over SIP TLS to Asterisk PBX , it is always returning an error  "UNKNOWN CA (48)"  .  i tried many methods to solve the issue , but nothing is successful . Attaching the Wireshark trace downloaded from the IP phone with this post.   Any help to solve this issue would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

Abdul Rasheed

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are only way to solve "UNKNOWN CA" TLS error. The issuer of the server's certificate must be known to phone.

Based on the dump, server is using certificate /CN=pbx.zaincallstelephony.com issued by /CN=Asterisk Private CA

And /CN=Asterisk Private CA is the certificate that you need to configured as custom CA to phone.

Hello Dan , 

Thanks a lot for your reply.   I could find that there is an option in Cisco MPP phone's web portal to configure  Custom CA Rule under

Voice -> provisioning menu.   Is it expecting an http link to a client certificate from /CN=Asterisk Private CA  and the certificate to be hosted under this link ?

Thanks and regards

Abdul Rasheed