cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unique ringtone for specific source callers (or by caller-id)

abarel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

A customer of mine wants to connect an analog door intercom as an analog extension on the UC540.

He wants all internal extensions to ring when the door-bell is pressed (easy - analog extension dials to a blast-group) but he wants the extensions to have a different ringtone for the phones when the call arrives from the door-bell rather then a normal call from any other internal extension or an inbound call from the PSTN. Makes sense, because that way people can differentiate between a regular incoming call and someone at the door and react differently.

Please advise if this is possible somehow.

Addie

PS - BTW, could this also be taken to a more generic level, meaning, can a user define different ringtones for different callers (internal or external) which today, based on caller-id,  is possible and easily configured on almost any mobile phone in the world. Users expect the same feature when they're in the office.

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Addie,

This is certainly possible, however I am not sure you can do this to a Blast Group, I am certain one of the chaps from the Cisco team can confirm.

However if you attach the Door Intercom to a DN and then you share that DN Or overlay it on everyone's phone, you can then assign a Ring Tone to that specific DN so to speak. But I do not believe this can be done to a Blast Group, if it can that would be pretty cool.

About assigning Ring Tones based on Caller ID, again i do not think this can be done (Happy to stand correct by the Cisco godz). I understand what you are saying about other telco appliances such as mobiles and what not being able to do it, but it is a phone system after all, meant for businesses. Your request is one of the ones I would put in the cool feature bucket, but would not make it into the essential services bucket.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Just providing what we can configure with CCA.

Calls from an analog FXS to a blast group will show up on the blast group members with the CLID = whatever you set

in CCA CONFIGURE: ANALOG PORT SETTINGS : (like Front Door).

Have you considered the Video Monitoring capability of SPA525G with PVC2300?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9825

P.S.  Thank you David!

Steve