cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UPM "Summary" page

clayostlund
Level 5
Level 5

I disucssed this today on our call, but i'd like to see if anyone else would be interested in this concept:

When creating sites and device/user profiles, the ability to "preview" the automatically created Naming convensions so you can modify them to your customers standards before UPM pushes all of the settings to CUCM, etc.

Secondly, I'd like the ability in UPM to go back in and re-name information so that you can modify said naming convensions.

Thoughts on this?

2 Replies 2

daaron501
Level 1
Level 1

The assigned names per profile for each site in the "Default Service Settings" are not visible until after deployment. Pre-deployment visibility of the intended to use naming convention and modification thereof would also be nice to customize as necessary and match existing/utilized conventions elsewhere for consistency. I would also like to request this as a customization ability to be configured in.

I noticed that through the various site naming creation, it will automatically select up to the first four alpha characters only. Will not input any numbers or symbols alreadu in the name and upon an overlap, will then simply apend a number at the end.

ie. MarketTrial = PM_MARK and MarketDemo = PM_MARK1, along with MT-Branch = MTBR and SMB-1 = SMB

It would be nice here to customize/change pre-deployment the actual name given instead of being explicitly limited to 4 characters with exception to an overlap with forced auto-numbering.

Regards,

DJ

Aaron,

Please send me the screen shots if possible.

Some responses to your questions below.

The assigned names per profile for each site in the "Default Service Settings" are not visible until after deployment. Pre-deployment visibility of the intended to use naming convention and modification thereof would also be nice to customize as necessary and match existing/utilized conventions elsewhere for consistency. I would also like to request this as a customization ability to be configured in.

[Sunil] This is a known issues that is being looked yet. workaround for now is to expand the browser to full size to view all the fields.

I noticed that through the various site naming creation, it will automatically select up to the first four alpha characters only. Will not input any numbers or symbols alreadu in the name and upon an overlap, will then simply apend a number at the end.

ie. MarketTrial = PM_MARK and MarketDemo = PM_MARK1, along with MT-Branch = MTBR and SMB-1 = SMB

It would be nice here to customize/change pre-deployment the actual name given instead of being explicitly limited to 4 characters with exception to an overlap with forced auto-numbering.

[Sunil] Yes system uses site name to auto create custom dial-plans, i.e configure device pools, route patterns, route lists etc. This is part of the simplicity feature of UPM-BE.  customize/change pre-deployment the actual name is in the roadmap.