cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect claims No Wi-Fi adapters available.

david.balazic
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client version 4.10.04071 shows "No Wi-Fi adapters available." when in fact there is an active wifi connection. I can also make a VPN connections.

Seems like a GUI error?

See screenshot:

ciscowifi.png

To reiterate

10 Replies 10

Hi

I believe you need Network Access Management installed also.

"It detects and selects the optimal Layer 2 access network and performs device authentication for access to both wired and wireless networks."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-0/configure-nam.html

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In this case the Network Access Manager(NAM)is unable to control your wireless connection.  The connection is being made with the Windows Native supplicant.  You should look at the NAM logs to see why it cannot be managed.

david.balazic
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the replies.

It seems my last sentence was broken in the original post, so here it is:

To reiterate: "everything works", just that GUI element claims there is no wifi.

So I will not spend any significant time to "solve" this, as I am short on time. If this report is not enough to investigate it, then the case can be closed.

@david.balazic 

This is not a case as this is not the TAC. This is a open forum for tech geeks and we are here to help for free, believe you or not. 

In your case, it seems the NAM (Network Access Manager) is not working or installed properly and you can investigate on that and fix it. 

The GUI element you mentioned should be populated with the information gathered by NAM.  This way, if you go to Manage network, it should list all the networks surrounding you.

FlavioMiranda_0-1683809126898.png

david.balazic
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I know what a forum is. What I meant was "disregard this issue"/"consider it solved".

FYI: In between the problem "solved itself".  The network is now shown in the AnyConnect window.

Hi, does this issue still remains resolved and never came back?

I am haveing the same issues with a client, but worse.

Mobility Client 4.10.06090 - sometimes network adapters disappear and conection via VPN is NOT possible.

Only repairing the client and rebooting solves the issue.

Which logs are relevant and where can I find them?

Thanks, best regards

Hello, I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? Please share.

Mahmoud.Reda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

unfortunately , I am still facing the same issue with Cisco Anyconnect Ver 4.10.07073.

disabling the wifi adapter and re-enabling it sometimes fix the issue or restarting the laptop also sometimes fix the issue but these aren't solutions. anyone was able to permanently fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

jcbasilio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have the same problem.

The only way to solve it is restarting the computer.

Thanks in advance.

aruna.shanthi
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue for the AC - Network adapters not showing?

Can we know the permanent fix instead of rebooting the system all the time?