cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect SBL fails on our Windows 11 deployments

FXFlinnCLCC
Level 1
Level 1

We've been using AnyConnect SBL for a long time. All new PCs are being onboarded with Windows 11. The first new PC in the hands of a remote worker went into service this week. The onboarding procedures, including loading AnyConnect and specifying the SBL deployment are identical in Windows 11. However, in the field, Anyconnect SBL fails. This lasts for about 30 seconds and never shows the credentials window, nor any error message. It goes back to the main login screen. The user can log in using locally-stored active directory domain credentials, and then initiate the VPN, which works just fine. What am I missing?

Screenshot 2024-03-19 102812.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FXFlinnCLCC
Level 1
Level 1

OK, this resolved with the release of Secure Client 5.1.2.42, it was broken in 5.1.1.42. The SBL applet didn't update along with the client so I uninstalled the SBL component and then manually installed SBL, and it worked without needed to reboot. Not sure why the SBL piece didn't update for the user when they manually connected to the Meraki that distributes the clients.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

FXFlinnCLCC
Level 1
Level 1

OK, this resolved with the release of Secure Client 5.1.2.42, it was broken in 5.1.1.42. The SBL applet didn't update along with the client so I uninstalled the SBL component and then manually installed SBL, and it worked without needed to reboot. Not sure why the SBL piece didn't update for the user when they manually connected to the Meraki that distributes the clients.