cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication failed due to problem navigating to the single sign-on

nessk
Level 1
Level 1

For the longest time, the Cisco AnyConnect worked well. I need to use it for University. Suddenly, whenever I try to connect, I get the following error: Authentication failed due to problem navigating to the single sign-on URL.

IT-Services couldn't identify the problem and I need to use the VPN quite urgently. Firewall is not an issue. Any ideas or guides?

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa31551

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As you mentioned it was working for a long and it failed today, this shows something changed on the headend side.

by the way what version of any connect are you using, what is the changes on your end - for causing this issue?

if the device is managed by your IT team, they need to help you - community can only guide you - the fix need to apply by your IT

is this the only issue for you?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply! It stopped working a few weeks ago. It could correlate with the update to Windows 11, but I'm not sure.

The version I use is 4.10.06079. I can't make out any changes that could have influenced the issue.

I'm aware that IT will have to do the changes, but we haven't yet found a solution that could solve the issue.

What I found is that in the VPN "Message history", the system performs: Hostscan is performing system scan, Hostscan is performing software scan, Hostscan scanning complete. These Hostscans do not happen with colleagues for which the Cisco AnyConnect works. Could it have something to do with this?

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

I went into this today as well and here are my findings.

The error is related to what AnyConnect administrators changed "since last time".

I was using 4.10.07073 along with SAML authentication and worked fine. One morning I have received the message above and it turned out that our AnyConnect administrator enabled on the ASDM \ Remote Access VPN \ ... AnyConnect profile an option called "Automatic VPN Policy"

He forgot to add on that Automatic VPN Policy configuration section the SAML servers on the "Allow Access to the Following Hosts With VPN Disconnected ". Full details on this document.

Marijn Kaufman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Hopes this helps, its probably a webview2 error. 

Add DWORD registry value UseLegacyEmbeddedBrowser set to 1 to the following registry key:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

or/and

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cisco\Cisco Secure Client

Greetings Kris 

Hi @Marijn Kaufman 

Just wondering what was the final fix  ?