Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect "No Adapters"

Hello, we're running Cisco Anyconnect 4.2 NAC to connect to our VPN. I'm running into an issue where it's telling me that there are no network adapters. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing the network adapter drivers, Cisco NAC and I just can't get them to show up. Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try uninstalling anything that inserts a network shim first, such as other VPN clients, antivirus software, third party firewalls, etc.

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The "No network adapters" is shown for the NAM portion of Anyconnect. This is not used for VPN but for Wired and Wireless connections. By default it does not manage Wireless connections, so if you are connected to Wireless, it wont show up. Your VPN tab seems to be showing up connections according to your picture.

?  We are seeing this as well, what in the config file for NAM should set the wireless adapter.  It seems after some reboots, the CA doesn't see the wireless adapter as it whould,  NO VPN is used 

Dragonwizard
Level 1
Level 1

Had this on a few machines,

A few reboots resolved, another time uninstalling the NIC and reboot to reinstall, resolved it

Also found on another occasion the NIC was disabled and re-enable the NIC resolved it 

aruna.shanthi
Level 1
Level 1

Do we have any permanent fix instead of rebooting the system all time?

I would stop any troubleshooting and first update the client. Version 4.2 is EOL, completely outdated and also has security vulnerabilities.

Dragonwizard
Level 1
Level 1

If you right click the client in the task bar there is a repair function