Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client cuase windows crashes

nohackmove
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a newly reinstalled OS Windows 11 PC. There is Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on my PC to connect to my work access. Randomly my pc crashes, basically freezes. After manually power off and power on When I check event viewer the last error before unexpected system shutdown is always "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" logged as below.

Function: CServicePluginMgr::GetSettings
File: c:\temp\build\thehoff\phoenix_mr70.416163397004\phoenix_mr7\vpn\agent\servicepluginmgr.cpp
Line: 289
m_pIServicePlugin is NULL

I have reinstalled OS because of unexpected freezes, and it continues After OS installation I realized above error logs. Can you help me on this? Is that a known issue with this application?

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the version of any connection client, what kind of computer resource you have ?

when you conect to VPN are you using any other application like Outlook / Teams or webex over VPN ?

close all the application and test only browsing is that works ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

AnyConnect version is 4.10.07073
Computer is a Lenovo P15 laptop with Windows 11 22H2 OS.
When on VPN connection I use Outlook, But the crashes happen even if the VPN is not active, but everytime after crash, I check and see same app error on event logs just before system freeze occurs.

jiancongjiang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May I ask how it was resolved in the end

Hi, It is occured more often now but I just reinstalled the latest agent.
Before that İt was happen daily, now once a week happens, just before
system unexpected shut down logs, I still see Cisco VPN Agent error
messages same details

Hi, I just communicated with Cisco TAC and they suspect that it is due to incompatibility between the Microsoft kernel program and the current AnyConnect version of the kernel program. They suggest that I update it to 4.10.08029. Perhaps you can also try it out

Ok, I just get that version, I will install and use it for a while. If that package solves the issues, I will confirm here.

I am using the version you have suggested now, in two weeks I will post here the result.