cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No SSL trust-points configured

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1

Working on VPN and we are getting errors stating no TP found.  Did a sh ssl/ sh run ssl and got weird information back but need help with understanding TP's 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

pjain2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

these logs are expected as you do not have the root cert to verify the certs that the client is sending:

CRYPTO_PKI: Verifying certificate with serial number: 039F, subject name: cn=DOD EMAIL CA-31,ou=PKI,ou=DoD,o=U.S. Government,c=US, issuer_name: cn=DoD Root CA 2,ou=PKI,ou=DoD,o=U.S. Government,c=US, signature alg: SHA1/RSA.

CRYPTO_PKI(Cert Lookup) issuer="cn=DoD Root CA 2,ou=PKI,ou=DoD,o=U.S. Government,c=US" serial number=03 9f                                              |  ..

CRYPTO_PKI: No suitable TP status.

for Eg. Make sure you have the root cert issued for: "cn=DoD Root CA 2,ou=PKI,ou=DoD,o=U.S. Government,c=US"

once you have configured the trauspoint, you need to bind it to the interface as well:
ssl trustpoint <name> <interface name>

also there are ldap errors:
[58] Simple authentication for admin12 returned code (49) Invalid credentials [58] Failed to bind as administrator returned code (-1) Can't contact LDAP server

this means that the ASA is not able to bind to the LDAP server using the admin account; can you check the login password for the ldap server in the ASA's config.

View solution in original post

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi James, 

Basically  a Trust-point is where the certificate is stored on the ASA.

The logs you are having 

Is because you don't have any trustpoint active for the SSL  configuration. In order to enable the certificate for SSL you need to add the following command:

SSL trustpoint < TP_name>  <interface_name>

Eg:

SSL trustpoint My_TP outside 

Hope it helps

-Randy-

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

pjain2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

these logs are expected as you do not have the root cert to verify the certs that the client is sending:

CRYPTO_PKI: Verifying certificate with serial number: 039F, subject name: cn=DOD EMAIL CA-31,ou=PKI,ou=DoD,o=U.S. Government,c=US, issuer_name: cn=DoD Root CA 2,ou=PKI,ou=DoD,o=U.S. Government,c=US, signature alg: SHA1/RSA.

CRYPTO_PKI(Cert Lookup) issuer="cn=DoD Root CA 2,ou=PKI,ou=DoD,o=U.S. Government,c=US" serial number=03 9f                                              |  ..

CRYPTO_PKI: No suitable TP status.

for Eg. Make sure you have the root cert issued for: "cn=DoD Root CA 2,ou=PKI,ou=DoD,o=U.S. Government,c=US"

once you have configured the trauspoint, you need to bind it to the interface as well:
ssl trustpoint <name> <interface name>

also there are ldap errors:
[58] Simple authentication for admin12 returned code (49) Invalid credentials [58] Failed to bind as administrator returned code (-1) Can't contact LDAP server

this means that the ASA is not able to bind to the LDAP server using the admin account; can you check the login password for the ldap server in the ASA's config.

Thank you guys for the quick response on this issue. 

I did change the password for the LDAP user and thank.

I tried the command and got a new error, "(config)# ssl trust-p ASDM_TrustPoint1 outside
ERROR: Trustpoint not enrolled.  Please enroll trustpoint and try again."  I am not sure what to check next, we are trying to get a CA from DoD or Verisign.

Looking at other discussion on the support page.  This happens when you create your CA on a Domain Controller and the “Domain Controllers”  security group is missing from the “CERTSVC_DCOM_ACCESS” Domain Local Security Group.  Yes, I did create the CA  with a DC.  Which is my TP1.  Does this way of creating CA cause a lot of issues

Hi James, 

The certificate applied to the SSL  trust point needs to be an identity certificate, not a CA certificate .

-Randy-

thank you Randy,

That was very helpful!  I finally got it to work..WHEW! 

I have but one more question, I and getting separate error that comes up on certain users. 

CRYPTO_PKI: No Tunnel Group Match for peer certificate.

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi James, 

Basically  a Trust-point is where the certificate is stored on the ASA.

The logs you are having 

Is because you don't have any trustpoint active for the SSL  configuration. In order to enable the certificate for SSL you need to add the following command:

SSL trustpoint < TP_name>  <interface_name>

Eg:

SSL trustpoint My_TP outside 

Hope it helps

-Randy-

hi randy,
Im using asa5516. when sh run, I can't find any line with "no ssl trust-point <TP_name> <int_name>"
Is there anything wrong?
when i sh crypto ca certif Ive got every information

could you help?

Hi @rvarelac, few weeks ago, I had an issue on several ASA firewalls. The monitoring system was sending alarms regarding SSL sensor Certificate   "Warning due to lookup value 'No' in channel 'Trusted root certification authority' - Warning due to lookup value 'Unable to check revocation status' in channel 'Revoked' (OK. Certificate Common Name:
CN=ASA Temporary Self Signed Certificate - Certificate Thumbprint:
0CEF476C7716448BAAA913123967E828203FFE86)"

On CSM, I noticed the trustpoint interface was missing and I added it. The warning then disappears only on several ASA.They all have the trustpoint interface enable.

Any clue?

MJ666
Level 1
Level 1

hi randy,
Im using asa5516. when sh run, I can't find any line with "no ssl trust-point <TP_name> <int_name>"
Is there anything wrong?
when i sh crypto ca certif Ive got every information

could you help?